Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

     It's Mother's Day today.  I really miss my Mother.  This is the second Mother's Day since she's been gone, and I think I feel worse this year than last.  My Mom was a great person.  She worked as an office manager for a doctor's office for over 40 years.  She was thrilled when she was included in Who's Who in the Midwest in 1997,98 and 99.  She was also instrumental in getting a new sewer system in our town through her service on the sewer board.
     Mom was also dedicated to serving in the church.  She taught Sunday school for many years as well as children's church and vacation bible school.  She served as Secretary/Treasurer at a church and directed the youth choir.
     Mom loved dogs and raised collies for many years.  She won many ribbons with them at the dog shows.
     She was a great cook, a great friend, and someone I could always count on.  I wish I could say happy Mother's Day to her today.

No comments: