Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Poetry Book Recommendation

     For today's review, I would like to recommend a poetry collection that I have just finished reading called "Pitch" written by Todd Boss.  I just happened to see this book as part of a display of poetry books at the local library.  I was unfamiliar with this poet, so I decided to check out the book and read Mr. Boss' work.
     I really enjoyed Todd Boss' poems.  They have an almost musical quality to them when they are read out loud.  The poems in this collection deal with the author's recollection of his early family life and growing up on a farm.  There are a couple of poems about dogs in the collection as well.
     Todd Boss has a couple of other poetry collections available, and I will try to find them at the library and read them as well.

No comments: