Wednesday, February 13, 2019

DVD Recommendation

     Today, I would like to recommend a DVD series that I just finished watching. The series is called "The Roosevelts", and it was directed and produced by Ken Burns. This is a seven-episode series that deals with the lives of Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt. Each program in the series is very detailed and informative. I enjoyed seeing the footage of Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt. Prominent historians give commentary throughout the series.
     Those who enjoy history will really like this documentary series. In my opinion, Franklin Roosevelt was the greatest president in the history of the United States, so I definitely enjoyed the program.
     I know that there are people from outside of the United States who read the blog, and I would recommend this as a way to learn more about the history of the United States from 1901-1945. There is a lot of interesting information about World War II in the series.
     One part of the series that was very enlightening was the last of the programs which dealt with Eleanor Roosevelt's life after President Roosevelt died. I really didn't know that much about what she accomplished, so this was very interesting. I highly recommend "The Roosevelts" by Ken Burns.

No comments: