Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Book Recommendations

Starting next week, we will be having reviews of newer books. This week, I would like to give a few recommendations for some good books that I've read in the past.

Sometime this year, there is going to be a new production of "All Creatures Great and Small' coming on air. Here in the US, I think it will be broadcast on the PBS program Masterpiece Theatre. This program is based on the books by James Herriot which are my favorite. I hope that the new series is good. I know that the old series is good, and I definitely recommend it. I also recommend all of the James Herriot books.

A couple of weeks ago, I re-read a dog book that I really like. "My Dog Skip" by Willie Morris is one of the very best dog books I've read. I hope you will read it if you haven't.

Another dog book that I've enjoyed is the "Dogs Who Came To Stay" by George Pitcher. This is a book about two older men and the dogs they rescued when a female dog gave birth to puppies in the shed in their backyard.

I hope that you get a chance to read these books. They've given me a lot of enjoyment in my life. I know I've recommended them before, but I like to remind people about them since I think so highly of them.

No comments: