Thursday, March 25, 2021

Something I Need To Say

     This was a sad and frightening week for me. As most of you probably know, there was a mass shooting incident in Boulder, Colorado this week.  Previously, there was a mass shooting incident in Atlanta. 

     The terrible crime in Boulder was especially frightening for me because I know someone who works as an officer in the Boulder Police Department. When I heard that an officer was killed, I was very worried that it was the person I know. It was not. 

     These horrible crimes are all too familiar occurrences here in the United States. It is time for something to be done to try to stop these crimes. We need to adopt effective gun control measures in the United States. It is time for an assault weapons ban. High capacity magazines need to be banned. We need to implement background checks for all gun purchases with a waiting period before any gun is picked up. I also believe that those who own a gun should have a license, and they should have to carry liability insurance. 

     This isn't going to solve all of the gun violence problems here in the United States. We need to have better access to mental health care for our citizens as well. We must also stop the glorification of violence in entertainment and in games. 

    The church needs to step up and speak up against violence. We must preach the love and peace of our Lord and Savior. 

     

No comments: