Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mysterious Ways

     The old saying "God works in mysterious ways" certainly is true.  One instance in my life involved getting the best dog I ever had, Toby.  I'd been looking for a dog who was older and already house trained.  My mom insisted on that.  One Sunday afternoon, after the the Chiefs game I looked in the KC Star and saw an ad for a dog that seemed to be the perfect fit.  He was a little over one year old and already house trained.  He was a Welsh Corgi.  My parents didn't like Corgi's.  In fact, they were one of my folks least favorite breeds.  It took a lot of work to convince them that we should go and take a look at Toby.
     I liked Toby the moment I saw him, and there was no question that he would be coming home with me.  He turned out to be the most fantastic dog and friend that anyone could ever ask for.  My parents became ardent Corgi lovers.
     What I could never understand is how I was so blessed to find him.  Two other families looked at Toby that day before us.  Why didn't they take him?  I believe that Jesus knew that the two of us would be perfect together and worked all things out for the good.  Toby helped me get out of my depression, and I helped him through some serious health problems.  Jesus knew that we needed each other.  Thank you Lord for a great blessing.

No comments: