Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Creation

   It's been a little over one year since my Dad passed away.  Every time I think about him I think about the power of Jesus to transform someone's life.  Before Jesus came into my father's life, he was a different man.  My Dad drank heavily at one time and often found himself in bar room brawls.  Everyone said he wasn't someone you wanted to make angry.
     But one Sunday when I was two years old, my Mom decided to start going back to church.  The next Saturday, the pastor came to visit.  My Mom and I were gone, but the pastor talked to my Dad and shared with him the gospel of Jesus Christ.  At the age of forty, my Dad was born again.  His life was transformed.  All of the old passed away and everything became new.
     At my Dad's funeral, my half-brother said to me, "Garry, the Dad you grew up with and the one I grew up with were two different men."  He was right.  What made the difference.  Jesus made the difference.

No comments: