Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An Old Dog Book

    I found one of my Mom's old dog books last week.  It is called Lad: A Dog by Albert Payson Terhune.  I'd never read this book, so I decided to give it a chance.  I loved it.  What a great story about collies.  Since reading this book, I've done quite a bit of research into Terhune and his Sunnybank collies.  I am definitely going to read more of his stories. 
    My Mom read these books when she was a girl back in the 1930's.  I remember her telling me that she loved collies so much because of reading Terhune's books.  My Mom always wanted to have collies, and her dream came true.  She had some nice collie dogs, and I had a lot of fun playing with them when I was a boy. 
    Most of Terhune's books are now out of print, but some are available through Project Gutenberg.

No comments: