Wednesday, May 16, 2012

An Interesting Discovery

Last week I was looking on ebay for some pictures of corgis.  I saw an old photograph of a corgi who was a champion in 1936.  His name was Ch. Wolfox Redfern, and he is one of the finest looking corgis I've seen.  I decided to do some research, and to my surprise discovered that the dog in the photograph was my dog Toby's 9x great grandfather.  I did a little more research, and I found Toby's 11x and 12x great grandfathers as well.  As many of you who read this blog know, I consider Toby to be my greatest friend. Seeing these dogs that looked so much like my friend was amazing.  I never took Toby to any dog shows, but to me he was the greatest champion because he kept me going everyday.  I was never depressed when he was around.  Sometime I'll write more about him, and the trips we took and the fun times we shared. 

No comments: