Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Book Review and Update

     It has been awhile since the last book reviews, so I am going to talk about two books today.  The first book is called "Thomas Gray Philosopher Cat".  This is an older book, but I just read it recently.  It is about a cat who comes to a college in England and becomes the pet of a clergyman who is also a professor at the college.  Together, they make a mathematical discover.  You will have to read the book to understand this.  It is also interesting how Thomas Gray got her name.  This is an unusual book.  It is philosophical, but not in a technical way.  I enjoyed the book and would recommend it.
     The second book I want to recommend is by poet Mary Oliver.  The book is entitled "The Truro Bear".  I enjoy all of Mary Oliver's poetry, and this volume contains some of her best poems.  She is a great poet of nature.  Her poetry is accessible for all readers.  I especially enjoy her prose poems.
      Finally, please pray that the Lord will supply what I need this month to pay the bills.  I've been without enough work for so long that with all of the car repairs this month I have little money left.  If something positive doesn't happen by Monday, I may be forced to sell my car just to be able to stay in my house.  I know that the Lord has helped me in the past.  I'm just worried, because this is the worst it has ever been.  Tomorrow is the day my Mom passed away, and with all of these continuing financial burdens, I am very depressed.  Once again, please pray that the Lord will help me.  Also, I will post a sermon this weekend.  I don't know if it will be Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but I will post one.  Thank you for your prayers.  May you know the Lord's love today.

No comments: