Sunday, February 8, 2015

Thoughts On a Sunday Afternoon

     I am sitting here in the library working on this blog and thinking about how much I don't want to go to work tomorrow morning.  I am glad to have a job, but this is not going well.  This is the first place I have worked where I feel as if I am being ostracized because of my Christian faith.  That's hard, but it is not that big of a deal.  This is most especially true when I consider the terrible persecution many Christians are enduring around the world at this time.  I just heard a report on the radio this morning about the horrendous persecution believers are facing in the Middle East and in North Korea.  I will be praying every day for these people, and I would ask you to do the same.
     The hardest part of this new job is dealing with the extremely nasty people who I have to try to help.  My new job is working for an insurance company.  My job is to help people who are insured with our company to file claims.  So far, over 75% of the people that I have dealt with have been very nasty.  Several times, when I asked people to spell their names for me, they screamed at me over the phone.  I really don't understand people at all.  Why would someone want to be rude and nasty to you when you are trying your best to help them?  The job that I had before this was working with customers face to face.  I didn't have any trouble working with people at my old job at all.  I miss my old job.
     Tomorrow, I have to move into a more advanced level in dealing with claims.  Of course, it involves more customer contact.  I am so nervous right now that I am sick to my stomach.  I am praying that the Lord Jesus will help me to face this hardship.  As I stated previously, I've dealt with depression for many years, and lately, I've developed a problem with anxiety.  I definitely need the Lord's help to get through the day.
     With what is happening with the job, I am thinking about a different strategy in getting more involved in the ministry.  I may just sell the house quickly and then just start with the funds I have relying on the Lord Jesus to supply what I lack.  I am unsure of how to proceed.  Please remember me in your prayers.
     Something that has been troubling me greatly as of late is the terrible plight of children living in poverty around the world.  I was listening to a report on the radio this week about the number of orphan children in Asia and Africa who are living all by themselves and homeless.  So many pass by these children every day, and no one helps them.  The governments of these countries don't seem to care about them at all. 
     I've been praying about trying to work on helping with this problem.  Maybe, if things work out, I can go and work finding a way to help in this situation.  Right now, please add your prayers with mine for the alleviation of the suffering of these children.
    

No comments: