Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Book Review -- Talking Corgi

     Today, I would like to review a book in a series that I know has been going for sometime, but I just got around to reading one.  "Nine Lives to Die" written by Rita Mae Brown is one in a series of over twenty mystery novels that feature Mrs. Murphy and Pewter who are talking cats, and a talking Welsh Corgi by the name of Tucker.
     These mysteries feature an amateur sleuth named "Harry" Harristeen who lives in Crozet, Virginia.  Harry's animals help her in some way to solve each crime.
     I really enjoyed this particular book, and I would certainly recommend it.  Even though this is a book that is well into the series, I had absolutely no trouble following what was going on or in picking up on who the characters were and their relationships to each other.  In this particular book, prominent members of the community are turning up dead around Christmas time.  It is up to Harry and the animals to determine who is trying to ruin the holidays for everyone.
     Being a big corgi lover, I don't know why I didn't read this series sooner.  The corgi in these books is great.
     I believe that there are now 25 novels in this particular series.  Having read only this volume, I can't speak for the quality of the series as a whole, but I plan to read more of these.  I will post about some of these as I read them in the weeks and months to come.

No comments: