Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Book Review

     I just finished reading the first book of a cat mystery series.  This book is entitled, "The Whole Cat and Caboodle", and it is written by Sofie Ryan.  At first, I thought that I would like this book, but as I continued reading, I was disappointed that the cat really didn't play that much of a role in solving the mystery.  I am a big fan of the Joe Grey series written by Shirley Rousseau Murphy, and this book is not like that series at all.
     In this particular book, Sarah Grayson is the owner of the Second Chance shop and owns a cat named Elvis.  When one of Sarah's long-time friends is accused of murder, Sarah and her friends attempt to clear the woman's name.
     This book is well-written, and the mystery is OK.  However, I just didn't enjoy the book that much.  I was expecting something different.  I won't be reading anymore books in this series, but those who like cozy mysteries may enjoy the series.

No comments: