Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Book Review -- "Cat Under Fire"

     As those of you who have read this blog for awhile know, I love the Joe Grey books written by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.  Earlier this year, I posted a very positive review of the newest book in the series called "Cat Shout For Joy."
     There are 19 books in the Joe Grey series, and I have read them all.  Some of them I've read more than once.  A little over a year ago, I posted on the blog that I was going to read the entire series again and post a short review on each title.  I posted a review on "Cat On the Edge", but that is as far as I got.  I got involved in reading many other books, and I've been really busy writing my religious book and with other work.
     Today, I would like to post a review on the second book in the Joe Grey series entitled, "Cat Under Fire."  In this book, Joe and his cat friend Dulcie are investigating the suspicious death of a local artist.  The artist was killed in a fire, and a young man is on trial for the crime.  Dulcie just doesn't believe that he is the one responsible for the artist's death, and she enlists a reluctant Joe to help her find the real killer.
     This book starts to really build the relationships between the characters that will be become regulars throughout the Joe Grey series.  We learn more about Joe's friends Clyde, Wilma and Charlie, and we get a good mystery as well.
     This is one of my favorite books in the Joe Grey series, and I highly recommend, "Cat Under Fire."

No comments: