Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Some Thoughts on Wednesday

     I just want to post a few things today.  First of all, I hope that everyone had a good Christmas.  I am thankful to the Lord that we didn't get any bad storms on Christmas Day as was predicted.  Let us all remember to pray for the people in North and South Dakota who really got hit hard by the winter storm.
     Usually, I have a review on Wednesday, but not today.  The book reviews will be posted again starting next week.  I already have two good books that I want to review.  I will try to have a review each Wednesday throughout 2017.
     I am going to start posting just one single verse for the week starting next week.  I may make some comments from time to time on what that verse means to me.
     As far as the sermons are concerned.  We will begin studying the parables of Jesus beginning in two weeks.  This will take up a lot of 2017.  We may have a one week break to study a different topic now and then just to change things up.  After we finish our study in the parables, I may go through the book of Malachi.  I'm not sure about that yet.  I actually have enough sermons planned out to take us through 2017 and into the year after.  It's just a matter of deciding when to study what topic.  I rely on the Lord to show me what He wants me to post about when.
     It's been a great year here on the blog.  This year saw the blog's highest level of readership.  People from all over the world stopped by to read various posts.  It is my hope and prayer that people will read the sermons and be encouraged or that they will come to know Jesus as Savior and Lord.  I also hope that people will read the reviews and learn about some good things to read.
     As far as things go for me in 2017, I hope that 2017 is a lot better than 2016.  I lost several friends in 2016 and my health wasn't that good.  I am trusting in the Lord that the new year will be much better.  I hope that I can find a job that is more suited for me and that I will feel better.
     Starting next year, I am going to go on a diet and try to eat more healthy foods.  I think that if I eat better and have a little less stress that I will feel better in all ways.
     In this coming year, I also plan to spend more time writing and sending things out to publishers.  I have a book with a publisher right now, and I am hoping for good things from that.  I've been working on poetry, and I have finished a short story that I will be sending out to a literary journal in the near future.
     I hope that all of you will have a good new year.  I will continue to pray for all of you who read this blog each night.  I hope that you will pray for me as well.
     This Friday I will be posting the Weekend Sermon.  I'll see you then.

No comments: