Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Book and DVD Review -- Some Old Favorites

     For the past few days, I've been going through my old writing files and through my bookshelves. While going through my books, I came across a group of favorites that I hadn't thought about for awhile. 
    "A Shepherd's Watch" and "The Dogs of Windcutter Down" are both written by David Kennard. He operates a sheep farm in Devon. Both of these books are about life on the farm and the sheepdogs that help David be able to operate the farm. The author writes in such a way that each of the dogs really comes through as an individual with a distinct personality.
     If my health would have been better, I wanted to have a small farm with some sheep. Toby was an excellent herder, so he could have helped me.
     I've read these two books three or four times since I first found out about them. I recommend them highly.
     These books were very popular in Britain. A television program geared toward children was broadcast about the dogs that focused on the youngest sheepdog named Mist. "Mist" is available on DVD, and I think that it is a great program for children. I think that adults who love dogs will really enjoy it as well. Jake who is one of the sheepdogs in the DVD series is quite a character.

No comments: