Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Some Various Thoughts and A Poem

    Today is an important day for me. This is the day when I first started this blog seven years ago. I began the blog with the intention of posting sermons, talking about animal and environmental issues and just sharing things that were on my mind. Later, I started posting book reviews, poems and some of my writing. I haven't posted about animal issues as much lately, but I will be doing that more in the near future.
     I want to thank the Lord for the opportunity that He has given me to share His Word here on the blog. The Lord called me to be a minister many years ago. I went to Bible college and seminary with the intention of being a pastor in a church. I did do some work in evangelism in the church, but due to a number of circumstances, my ideas of what my ministry was to be didn't work out.
     The Lord had other ideas. I was able to become a writer, and I was able to use my writing as a means of ministry. The Lord has allowed me to have several religious articles published, and I've written two books that I've posted here on the blog. The Lord has allowed me to post these sermons that each week are read by people in several countries.
     I want to thank everyone who reads the blog for taking the time to read the sermons, the reviews and the other items that I post on here. I appreciate your support.
     I don't know how much longer I will be able to do the blog. Hopefully, I will be able to post sermons for years to come. It is possible that the Lord will lead me on to other endeavors.
     Lord willing, I have several different messages already lined up for the year, and I have three books that I will be reviewing in the coming weeks.
     Once again, thank the Lord for this opportunity, and thank you for reading the blog.

----------
      There is a matter that I would like everyone to pray about. Two matter actually. First of all, I heard this morning that there was a major earthquake in Papua New Guinea.  Australia is sending aid already. Let us all pray for those who are injured that they will recover. Pray that any people that are trapped will be found, and pray that those affected will receive the aid that they need.
     On the second matter. There is a railroad track very close to where I live. They are going to be working on the track over the next few weeks. Please pray that there is not any damage to my house or others in the little town where I live. Sometimes, the workers aren't too careful about how what they do affects others. Thank you for your prayers.

-------
Poem
Now, I want to post a poem that I had published a few years ago.  This poem appeared in the Winter 2006-2007 edition of The Mid-America Poetry Review.  It does not have a title.

Ebony-flecked wings
crest a thermal
trill the music of wind.

No comments: