Monday, January 14, 2019

A Post About A Friend

     January 13 was the anniversary of the day that my friend Toby came into my life all those years ago. I am thankful to the Lord that I was able to have Toby as a friend. On days like today when things seem very hard, I think about the fact that I had one great friend in this world. His memory keeps me going on the really hard days like today.
     If Toby were still here with me today, life would be very different. I know that we would have traveled around a lot, because that is something that we really enjoyed. Neither of us liked the cold temperatures here in the Midwest. We would have tried to find a place that wasn't too hot in the summer and wasn't too cold in the winter. We probably would have had to travel around seasonally to find just the right place.
     I would have liked to find a place, stay there a little while and find some type of seasonal job, and then move on to the next place. I can imagine all of it now.
     The two of us had some really great times. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer until we are together again.
     I've posted some of the chapters I've written about my friend Toby here on the blog. I invite you to find those posts and read them if you are interested in knowing more about him.
   

No comments: