Wednesday, April 24, 2019

A Few Recommendations

     This past weekend, I came across a program that I enjoyed on BBC Radio. Jeremy Irons was reading the Psalms. There are four thirty minute episodes in the series. They are still available for you to listen to at this link -- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004633/episodes/player. Jeremy Irons has a very expressive voice, and he really makes the Psalms come alive. I believe that these episodes are only available for a short time.

     As some may know, James Herriot is my favorite author. Over the past few weeks, I've been looking at some of the old "All Creatures Great and Small" television programs. I recommend those to you if you've not seen them.  Please read all of James Herriot's books too.
     I can't remember if I've ever recommended the book James Herriot's son wrote. "The Real James Herriot" by Jim Wight, is a book that gives a lot of insight into James Herriot (his real name was James Wight) that we don't get to read about in the James Herriot books. The books go into detail until about the late 1950s. "The Real James Herriot" details James Herriot's life through the time of his death in 1995.

No comments: