Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Dog Book Of The Year

     It's that time of year again. Each year about this time, I like to announce the winners of the dog, cat and animal book of the year. Each week, I try to do a book review. I know that this year I didn't do as many reviews as I usually do. At the end of the year the winners are chosen from among the books I reviewed during that year. This week, we will have the dog book of the year award. Next week we will reveal the cat book of the year, and the following week we will have the animal book of the year.
     This year, my dog book of the year award goes to "Fabulous Finn" by Dave Wardell.  Dave Wardell was a policeman working in England. Finn was his police dog. One night, they were after a suspect. The main pulled a knife and stabbed Finn. Finn kept after the man, and he saved Dave from being injured.
     This is a great book that tells about Finn's recovery, but it also tells us about the effort made by Dave Wardell and others to change the laws regarding the penalties that criminals receive when they harm a police or service dog.
     I highly recommend "Fabulous Finn". It is the best dog book I read this year.

No comments: