Thursday, August 19, 2021

A Good Book About Jonah

     Most of the reviews that I write here on the blog are about animal books. However, I do right reviews of other books from time to time. Today's book is "The Prodigal Prophet" written by Timothy Keller. Keller is a Presbyterian minister in New York. He has written many books, and he is widely known within the evangelical community. 

     "The Prodigal Prophet" is a a book about the prophet Jonah and the book in the Bible that bears his name. You may be thinking that you've heard a lot of sermons about Jonah, and you know what that's all about already. Don't let that type of thinking enter your mind. Keller's book is highly-informative providing a great deal of in-depth information about the book of Jonah and the historical times in which the story occurs. 

     What I enjoyed most about the book is that the author tells the rest of the story. What I mean by that is that he doesn't stop with Jonah preaching and the people of Nineveh repenting. There is more to the book of Jonah after that, and Keller focuses on that. He also provides the reader with information on how the book of Jonah is applicable for today. 

     When I was in Bible college, I took several courses on the Minor Prophets. Jonah is included in that group, and I always look forward to reading good books about the Minor Prophets. This is a good book, and I recommend it to you. 

No comments: