Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Book Review

 From time to time, I like to review animal books that have been written for younger readers. I like to read all good animal stories. The book that I am reviewing today is "Rise of Zombert" written by Kara LaReau. 

As the story begins, a cat escapes from a research laboratory. This cat is so weak that he is barely able to make it. He wouldn't have made but for his good fortune that he is found by a girl named Mellie and her best friend. Mellie takes the cat home and tries to figure out where he came from. The cat is determined to return to the lab and free those he left behind. 

Mellie keeps the cat a secret from her parents whose job is writing for their popular blog. Mellie thinks that her parents are obsessed with the blog and spend more attention on Mellie's younger twin siblings than they do on her. She is happy to have a cat, even a strange cat like Zombert. 

I will let you read the story to find out how Zombert gets his name. The book has a mystery/horror flavor that is geared towards kids. Zombert is a good book that is written in such a way that there are sure to be several more in the series. In fact, I know that the second book in the series is already out. 

"Rise of Zombert" is a different kind of children's animal story than I've read in the past. I enjoyed the story, and I believe readers of all ages will  have a good time reading this book. Hopefully, the other books in the series will be equally as enjoyable. 

No comments: