Thursday, September 16, 2021

Book Recommendation

      A few months ago, I recommended a book by Jonathan Wittenberg entitled "Walking With The Light". This book tells of how Rabbi Wittenberg, accompanied by his dog Mitzpah, walked from Frankfurt, Germany to the Rabbi's congregation in England carrying the light from the Frankfurt synagogue to the new synagogue in London. I enjoyed reading that book a lot, and I would still recommend it to you. 

     I read on Rabbi Wittenberg's Twitter feed this week that Mitzpah passed away. That is what got me to thinking about the book again. Whenever someone's special dog passes, I think of my old friend Toby and the good times that we had together. 

     Rabbi Wittenberg has written a book that I've intended to read, but I've had difficulty getting it through interlibrary loan here in the United States. The book is called, "Things My Dog Has Taught Me: About Being A Better Human." I saw today that it is available on Amazon here in the US now, so I will be ordering that and reading it in the near future. 

No comments: