Friday, November 12, 2021

Weekend Sermon -- Micah 4:4

      Welcome to this week's Weekend Sermon. I am glad that you have taken the time to read the sermon this week. I hope that everyone is doing very well. 

     Today, I would like us to focus our attention on another verse that has had a lot of meaning for me. Micah 4:4 states, "Everyone will sit under their own vine and under their own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid, for the Lord Almighty has spoken."

     This verse is part of a larger context that tells us what is going to happen when the Lord Jesus comes in power and great glory at His Second Coming. He is going to physically return to this earth someday just as He promised to do. Many things will occur when Jesus comes back. As we learn from this passage in Micah, the world will finally have peace everywhere. Just before the verse for today's message, we read that nation will no longer rise against nation. They will beat their swords into ploughshares and their spears into pruning hooks. There will be complete peace. 

     Peace in this world is something that I long for. If you have followed the blog for awhile, you know that each week I try to list some of the countries around the world that need prayers for peace. There are several countries where we have been praying for peace to come for quite some time. We have to be persistent in prayer as the Lord taught us, however, it does becoming discouraging when wars and violence continue and the innocent children are the ones who suffer the most. 

     I do take comfort in the fact that Jesus will come, and wars will be no more. He is the Almighty God, and whatever He says will be the rule. He will rule over all, and His rule will not be questioned until the final rebellion of Satan that will be immediately crushed. 

     The verse for today speaks about an individual type of peace that goes beyond the peace that comes when nations are no longer at war with one another. Our verse for today lets us know that when Jesus reigns, we will not have to fear what others with bad intentions might do to us. We will not have to fear violence and crime. We won't have to be afraid that something bad is going to happen to us or to those that we love. This is something that I am really looking forward to. 

     As someone who has had problems with anxiety and depression, part of what that brings for me is fear about what might happen. What bad thing is going to happen next that is going to bring about chaos and hardship in my life? It seems that there is just one thing after another, and sometimes it gets overwhelming and hard to deal with. I do take great comfort in the fact that Jesus is with me in all of the hard times in this life. I take even more comfort in knowing that all will be well when Jesus comes and makes all things new. I won't have to worry about anything. Jesus will be in complete control. It will be on earth as it is in heaven. Nothing will ever be able to harm us or trouble us again. That is the decree of the Lord, and He is the Almighty King of all the universe. May His name be praised. 

     Those who have put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus are the ones who will be with Jesus on this world when He establishes His Kingdom. You can be part of that great world which is to come by turning to Jesus in repentance and faith. You can accept Jesus as the Lord of your life, and you will rule and reign with Him when He returns at His Second Coming. I urge you to turn to Jesus today. 

     If you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, take comfort in the great news that Jesus is coming again. He will make everything the way it was before sin entered into this world. We will be part of that. All will be well. Amen. 

Prayer Request

     I would like to thank the Lord for keeping me safe during the bad storms that we had in my area the other night. I do have something that I would ask you to pray about. I have to take my car to the shop on Monday. I am worried about how I am going to be able to pay for the repairs. Please pray that all will go well. 

     Please continue to pray for an end to the coronavirus pandemic. I heard this morning on the radio that cases in the US are rising again. I also heard that Germany is having a lot of problems with new cases. Please pray that all who are sick will recover. 

     Continue to pray that the nations of the world will work together to find a solution to the problem of global climate change. 

     Let us pray for peace in the troubled areas of this world. Pray for peace in Ethiopia, Chad, Libya, Syria and Yemen. 

     For our prayer focus countries this week, let us pray for those in the nations of Laos and Myanmar. Pray that many will come to know Jesus. 

     Next week, I will post a message about another meaningful verse. I will post the verses on Monday, and I will try to post something midweek. May God bless you all. 

No comments: