Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Documentary Review

 I like to watch animal movies and documentaries, so I was excited to find a documentary called "We Don't Deserve Dogs" at the library. I have to say that this is the most disappointing film about dogs that I've watched in a very long time. First of all, the subtitles are so small and light colored that you cannot read them half the time. Also, there are some very upsetting stories featured in this film. One is about a stray dog that no one seems to want to take the responsibility for getting off of the streets and into a permanent home. The worst one is about dogs in Vietnam. There are very disturbing images in this part of the film. I don't really have much good to say about this documentary. It was not at all what I was expecting. 

If you are looking for an uplifting documentary about what dogs bring to our lives, this isn't the one. I would not recommend allowing younger viewers to watch this. There are a lot better documentaries out there about dogs and how they make our lives better. 

No comments: