Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Review -- I've Changed My Opinion

      As most of you know, James Herriot is my favorite author. I've really enjoyed reading all of his books over the years. I also greatly enjoyed the original All Creatures Great and Small TV series that starred Christopher Timothy, Robert Hardy and Peter Davison. 

     When I heard that there was a new series coming out, I had mixed feelings. When I watched the first couple of episodes of the new series, I didn't like it. I initially gave the series a poor review. However, over the last few weeks, I've had the opportunity to watch the entire first season, and I've watched the Christmas special and the first few episodes of season two. 

     I have changed my opinion about the new series. It is very different from the original and the story lines vary a lot from the books. However, the program is still good. The acting is good and the scenery is nice. I won't ever like it as well as the original, but the new series is better than I initially thought. You will enjoy it if you don't compare it to the original and just enjoy it for what it is. The first part of season two has been really good. You can watch the first few episodes of season two on the Masterpiece Theatre website. 

No comments: