Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Movie Review

     I have really enjoyed the books James Bowen wrote about his relationship with his cat Bob. I've read and recommended all of the books. I also enjoyed and recommended the film about James and Bob that came out a few years back. 

    Yesterday, I found the film sequel at my local library. It is called "A Christmas Gift From Bob". Luke Treadaway once again plays James, and Bob the cat is in a lot of the movie playing himself, of course. 

    I watched this movie last night, and I liked it a lot. I think I liked it even better than I did the first film. In this story, James is thinking back to the last Christmas he and Bob were out on the streets selling papers and busking in order to make ends meet. It was really cold, and James was having a hard time finding the funds to keep the electricity and gas on . 

    On top of all of the financial problems, some animal welfare agents decide to give James a hard time about keeping Bob, and they threaten to take Bob away. 

    During the course of all this, James and Bob come to find out that they have touched the lives of many people, and they have a lot of friends who care about them. This film is a true reflection of the Christmas spirit, and I highly recommend it. You will enjoy watching it at any time of the year not just during the holiday season. 

No comments: