Wednesday, July 13, 2022

DVD Review

     Last week, I reviewed a couple of DVDs that I'd watched in the past to see if I enjoyed those movies as much. One I did, and one I did not. This week, I watched another movie that I thought was really good when I first watched it. The name of the movie is "Spotlight". This film won the Academy Award for Best Picture a few years ago. It tells the true story of how the Spotlight team at the Boston Globe cracked the story of the abuse and cover up of abuse by priests in the Catholic Church. 

     This is a very well-done film. The acting is very good. Stanley Tucci, Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo do a great job. What I liked best about the film is the way that it shows how journalists go about their jobs finding and checking sources in order to build a story that will enlighten people and help to make a difference in the community and around the nation. 

     This film is rated R due to the topic dealt with. I highly-recommend this film. 

No comments: