Thursday, September 29, 2022

Book Review -- Together

      Recently, I had the privilege to look at and read a book called "Together" by Luke Adam Hawker. This book has fantastic illustrations, and an important text that tells us that even in when hard times come, we can make it through. No storm, whatever it may be, lasts forever. 

      I hope that you will get a copy of this book and read it. Pay attention to the well-done drawings. One way that this book spoke to me, and I'm not sure the author intended it this way, was how the man and the dog made it through together. This reminded me of my friend Toby. When the two of us were together, I felt that we could make it through anything. Since he's been gone, times have seemed harder. As I've mentioned before, if he were still around, life as it is now would be a lot different. 

     This book shows us that together as a community, we can make it through. We can help each other in many different ways as we deal with difficulties. 

No comments: