Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Some Thoughts Early In The Year

      I wanted to write a little about the new year that is upon us a few days ago, but I am still not feeling that well. I am doing what I can when I can. As the new year is upon us, it is a good time to think about where each of us wants to be spiritually and in our lives as we move ahead into the future. 

     I know that one of the things that I want to do in this new year is find a new job that is not so hard on my health. I have taken the steps to find a new job, and I am praying that the right thing will come along very soon. 

     More importantly, as one begins the new year, it is a good time to take stock of where one is at and where one wants to go spiritually.  I hope that you will continue to come and read the sermons and the other posts here on the blog. I have several different sermon series already planned for the year that is ahead. 

     Going into the new year, there are things that I want to do more of as the year progresses. I have made a commitment to make sure that I get the book that I am writing on the Minor Prophets finished and posted here on the blog by the end of the year. 

     I also want to make sure that I do more reading and studying of the Bible in 2023 than I did in 2022. I want to read more theology books and study more. I got a little off track last year due to a lot of health problems. I hope to rectify things this year. There is something that I want to encourage you all to do. Read a portion of the Bible everyday. If you have never read the entire Bible, I urge you to do so. If you think that might be too much of an undertaking, at least make a commitment to read the New Testament in 2023.

     One thing that I want to do more of this year, and I hope that you will to, is to share the message of the love of Jesus with more people this year. There are so many people all around us who don't know the message of Jesus and that He can forgive them and save them from their sins. We have all been given to mission to tell others about Jesus. Let us all commit to doing more in this year. 

     I am sure that you all have goals and plans for the new year. Don't forget to put the Lord Jesus first in all that you do. May God bless you all. 

No comments: