Friday, January 13, 2023

Weekend Sermon -- The Attributes of God -- Part Three

      It is once again time for another posting of the Weekend Sermon. I hope that you have all had a great week. I have been doing a little better each day. I want to thank the Lord for giving me the opportunity to post this message. 

     Today we will be studying more in our current sermon series on the attributes of God. In last week's message, we saw that God is omnipresent. That means that there is not a place where the presence of God is not felt. The great implication of this attribute is that Jesus is always with us. He will always be with us now and for all eternity. 

     The attribute of God's omniscience is what I want us to focus our attention on for today. This attribute goes right along with God's omnipresence. God is everywhere present, and at the same time, He knows all about us. Besides knowing all about us, God knows everything that will happen and that has happened. He has complete knowledge of all things in the vastness of the universe. He has everything planned out to transpire in accordance with His divine will. 

Let's look at a few verses that tell about God's omniscience.

Psalm 147:5 -- "Great is the Lord and abundant in strength, His understanding is infinite."

Psalm 44:21 -- "Would not God find this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart."

Isaiah 46:9-10 -- "Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other, I am God, and there is no one like me, declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish My good pleasure."

John 2:25 -- "and because He did not need anyone to testify concerning man, for He knew what was in man."

     These are just a few of the many verses that speak to the fact that God knows all things. So, what are the implications of this attribute of God to us? First of all, we can have assurance that God has everything planned out. He knows what is going to happen, and He has planned for the history of the universe to ultimately go according to His will and plan. Nothing is going to get by Him or take Him by surprise. We can be confident in the fact that our God will be victorious over everything that stands against Him and His ways. 

     The attribute of God's omniscience also lets us know that God will bring about ultimate justice. He knows every thing that people have done and will do whether good or evil. He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart. One day, when He returns to this earth, Jesus will judge all. He knows what people's motivations and thoughts were and are. He will be able to make a perfect and righteous judgment, because He knows all that is within a person. 

     Finally, we can take heart knowing that the Lord knows everything about us and what we are going through. Even the very hairs of our head are number Jesus said. The Lord knows about our needs. He knows when we need His help, and He knows how to deliver the help we need just when we need it. 

     The Lord is always with us. He knows all about us, and He is the one who can help us now, and in the world to come. What amazes me is that Jesus knows everything about me, yet He loves me anyway. I am thankful for His love and grace. I pray that you will come to know the love of Jesus if you have not accepted Him as Savior and Lord of your life. Amen. 

Prayer Requests

     As I mentioned, I am doing a little better with my health day by day. Please keep praying that I will improve. Also, keep praying for an improvement in my job situation. 

     Remember the people in the US south in your prayers. There were some bad storms there this week. Pray that people will get the help that they need. 

     Keep praying about the flooding situation in California. Pray that all of this rain will stop for awhile. 

     Let us all pray of peace in the world. Ukraine, Syria, Yemen and Libya are just a few of the nations that need our prayers. 

     Pray for an end to the disease outbreaks around the world. Pray that the sick will recover.

     For our prayer focus countries this week, let us pray for those in the nations of Albania and Laos. Pray that many will come to know Jesus. 

     Next week, we will continue with our current sermon series. I will post the verses on Monday, and I hope to have a midweek post. May God bless you all. 

No comments: