Friday, March 31, 2023

Weekend Sermon -- The Attributes of God -- Conclusion

      Welcome to the Weekend Sermon. Today marks the last sermon in our attributes of God series. In this message, I am going to wrap things up in our study.

     Over the course of the last several weeks, we have examined some of the characteristic and attributes that the Scriptures tells us describe what God is like. We have seen during the course of our study that among God's attributes are the the facts that God is love, God is just, righteous, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent among other attributes.

     Even though we have examined many of the attributes of God, there is no way possible that we can ever fully understand what God is like. The Bible says that His ways are above our ways and His thoughts are above our thoughts. Although we can know many things about God as He has revealed Himself in Scripture, there is much that is mystery. 

     The best way that we can understand what God is like is to look to Jesus. Colossians 2:9 tells us that in Jesus, all the fulness of the Godhead dwells bodily. Jesus Himself said in John 10:30, "I and the Father are One." Jesus also said that if you have seen Him, you have seen the Father. 

     When we look to Jesus, we know about the love of God, the mercy of God and every other attribute of God. If we keep our eyes focused on the Lord Jesus, we will see how important that we are to God and how much He cares for us. And I think that that is the most important thing that we need to know. 

     As believers, the most important thing that we can do is to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. He demonstrates for us what we need to do while we are living on this earth. He shows us the way now, and we will be with Him for all of eternity if we place our faith and trust in Him. 

     I want to wrap up our series by saying that we serve an awesome, powerful and loving God. It will be a joy to be in His presence for all of eternity. Keep studying what God is like, and keep looking to Jesus. Amen.

    I know that this has been a shorter message. I want to discuss just for a moment how we are going to proceed on the Weekend Sermon in the next few weeks. Holy Week is coming up. I will have a post for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and an Easter Sermon.  After the Easter season, I will be starting a new sermon series that will take a few weeks. 

Prayer Requests

     Please pray about the bad weather in my area. We are in a high wind warning, and that has me worried. I have an old house with a lot of trees around it. I am not in the financial position to withstand having to fix much in the way of damage. And, I am not just thinking about myself, we've had enough bad weather, and I don't want anyone else to have problems. Please pray that things won't be too bad. 

     One of my friends at work is not doing well. Please pray that his health will recover. 

     Continue to pray for those affected by natural disasters around the world.  Keep praying for those in Turkey, Syria, Mozambique, Madagascar, Malawi, California and Mississippi. Pray that they will all get the aid and the help that they need. 

     Keep praying for peace. Pray for Ukraine, Syria, Yemen and other places where there is turmoil. 

     For our prayer focus countries this week, let us pray for those living in nations of Myanmar and Oman. Pray that many will come to know Jesus. 

     Next week, I will be posting as I've already discussed. I will post the verses on Monday. May God bless you all. 

No comments: