Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Book Review--"The Cat That God Sent"

"The Cat That God Sent" is written by Jim Kraus.  He is the also the author of the book I reviewed called "The Dog That Talked To God".  I really enjoyed that book, but I think that I enjoyed this book much more.
"The Cat That God Sent" is about a stray cat named Petey who finds himself in the town of Coudersport, Pennsylvania on the same day that Rev. Jake Wilkerson is taking up his new position as pastor of the Church of the Open Door.  Rev. Jake takes in Petey, and Petey begins his mission from God to help Jake.  Along the way, Petey must help out a homeless girl, the town veterinarian and the congregation at Jake's new church.  How this all works out is unexpected with a satisfying ending.

This is a well-written book that is easy to read.  I like the theme of the book that God sends us help from unexpected places.  I know that God sent my friend Toby to help me, just like Petey was sent in this book to change the lives of those who needed help from the Lord.

No comments: