Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Recommendation

      On Wednesdays, I usually have a review of an animal book or a religious book.  Today is a little bit different.  Today, I would like to recommend that you watch a program that I found to be very good.  On the PBS program "Nature" last week, the broadcast featured a story about Joe Hutto and his interaction with a herd of wild mule deer in Wyoming.  Over the course of many months, Hutto won the trust of the deer, and they accepted him as part of the herd.  This program reminded me of what our interactions with animals might be like in the world to come.

     The last time I checked, the entire episode was still available for viewing on the "Nature" website.  I definitely recommend that you watch it.  Also, Joe Hutto has a book available called "Touching the Wild" that deals with the same subject matter as the "Nature" program.  I have not read the book yet as it is being ordered by my local library.  If it is like the television presentation, it will be a very fine book.

No comments: