Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Book Review -- Black Cat Crossing

    Today I am reviewing a book entitled "Black Cat Crossing" written by Kay Finch.  This is the first book in a new mystery series.
    This book started off with a very interesting premise.  The main character whose name is Sabrina is an aspiring mystery writer who has moved in to help her aunt run a guest cottage business.  The locals are upset because a black cat that is supposed to bring bad luck has been spotted.
    About this time, Sabrina's cousin arrives trying to get his hands on the family fortune.  The next night, the cousin is found dead by the river.  Sabrina is the one who finds the body as she is led to it by the mysterious black cat.
    Over the course of the book, Sabrina takes in this black cat keeping him safe from the local residents who are trying to trap him.  She names the cat Hitchcock.  Hitchcock has a way of showing up at unexpected times to lead Sabrina to clues in solving the mystery of her cousin's death.
    I really enjoyed this book, and I thought the characters were great.  However, the ending of the book ruined the book as far as I am concerned.  I won't give away the ending, but to me, it just seems to come out of nowhere.
    Because of the ending, I am not recommending this book.  The series may improve.  When the next book is released, I'll try to check it out and see if I like that book any better than this first one.

No comments: