Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dog and Cat Book of the Year

    Those of you who have read the blog for awhile know that at the end of each year, I usually recommend the best dog and cat book that I have read in the previous year.  I have reviewed several books in each category this year, and today I will reveal my selections for the best dog and cat book of the year.
     My choice for best dog book of the year was a pretty easy decision.  "Judy" written by Damien Lewis is my dog book of the year selection.  This is a tremendous story of courage and loyalty.  Judy was the only dog who was an official prisoner of war during World War II.  She gave encouragement to the men who were forced to build a railroad for the Japanese.  The prisoners rallied around Judy and kept her fed and kept her safe.  I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
     My choice for best cat book of the year was a much harder decision.  I have read some really good cat books this year.  My pick for best cat book of the year goes to "A Gift From Bob" written by James Bowen.  All of the books about James and Bob are good, and this book tells the wonderful story of how Bob the cat made Christmas meaningful for a man that had fallen on hard times.  If you have not read this book, it is a good time to read this wonderful Christmas story.
     There were many good books to read this year.  In the year to come, I will continue to post reviews of good dog books, cat books, animal books and other books from time to time.  I look forward to good reading in the year ahead.

No comments: