Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Review -- "Paddington"

     Today, I am not reviewing a book.  Instead, I would like to recommend a DVD I watched last week that I really enjoyed.  I'd never read any of the Paddington Bear books when I was a child.  I don't know why since they were available.  However, I saw the newer film about Paddington Bear in the library, so I decided to watch it last week on one of my days off.
     I really enjoyed this movie.  I thought the story was good and humorous.  This film makes good family viewing for all ages.   The two main human stars in this movie are Hugh Bonneville best known from his work on "Downton Abbey" and Nicole Kidman.  Bonneville is the father of the family who looks after Paddington in London after Paddington arrives from Peru.  Kidman plays the films villain who wants to add a talking bear to her collection in the natural history museum.
     I've heard that a sequel is planned to this film, so that is something to look forward to.

No comments: