Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Book Recommendations

     Since we are in the midst of the Lenten season, I just wanted to recommend some books that I have enjoyed.  These books are about the life and ministry of Jesus.

"The Jesus I Never Knew" written by Philip Yancey is one of my favorite books about Jesus.  Like all of Yancey's books, it is well-written and understandable for even those who are not that familiar with the Christian faith.

"The Meaning of Jesus:  Two Visions" by Marcus Borg and N.T. Wright presents two very different ideas of who Jesus is and what He did.  I've always found Borg interesting to read even if I don't agree with him too much.

"24 Hours That Changed the World" by Adam Hamilton is a good book that deals with the crucifixion and its meaning to us.

"Jesus Lord and Savior" by F.F Bruce gives great insight into the ministry of Jesus.  Since it is written by a theologian, it is a book better suited to those who have studied a little bit of theology.

"Simply Jesus" by N.T Wright provides a more in depth look at Jesus than in the first N.T Wright book on this list.

"A Portrait of Jesus" by Joseph Girzone is a good book about the life of Christ.

"Jesus: A Pilgrimage"  by James Martin is a book that I have reviewed on the blog before.  I highly recommend it.

"3:16 The Numbers of Hope" by Max Lucado is a great book about the love for us Jesus demonstrated on the cross.

     This are just a very few of the good books that I have read about Jesus.  I have read many, many books about Jesus and Christology from a variety of perspectives.  I will recommend and review some of these at a later date.

     I have been reading a lot of good books lately, and I will be reviewing these on the blog in the weeks to come.




No comments: