Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Book Review -- "Angelic Tails: True Stories of Heavenly Canine Companions"

     Hello, and welcome to this week's book review.  The book I am reviewing this week is "Angelic Tails: True Stories of Heavenly Canine Companions"  written by Joan Wester Anderson.  In addition to this book, the author has written several other books on the subject of angels.
     This book contains approximately 30 stories about how dogs have blessed the lives of those who they have come in contact with.  The book could be read in one sitting, or you may want to take one story a day and make the book last for a month.
     One of my favorite stories in the book is the story of St. Roch and the dog who helped him.  The dog delivered food to St. Roch when the saint had contracted the plague.  St. Roch was known for helping plague victims in the Middle Ages.  When St. Roch recovered, he and the dog traveled around the country helping people.
     I also really enjoyed the story about the priest whose Labrador Retriever went to church with him and became a church dog.  The people of the congregation really enjoyed having the Labrador with them on a Sunday.
     These are just two of the many wonderful stories in this collection.  I think that almost anyone would enjoy reading this book, and I definitely recommend it.
     I know from first hand experience that dogs can be sent to you to help you through the rough times.  The Lord sent me my friend Toby to help me when I really needed a friend.   I am glad that I was able to get a story published about my friend Toby in the anthology entitled "Nuturing Paws".  This book is still available to order through Amazon if anyone is interested.


P.S.   Today, they are calling for some bad storms in my part of the world.  Would you please pray that these storms don't cause any problems for people around my part of the country?  Thank you.

No comments: