Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Some Thoughts on Wednesday

     Usually, I post book reviews and recommendations on Wednesdays.  Today, I just wanted to do something different.  I wanted to just write about something that I've noticed since I've been working at my current job.
     For the past few years, I've noticed that the way we communicate with each other in this society has become much less civil.  Since I began my current job, I've noticed this more and more.  There is not a day that goes by when I am not called some type of vulgar name or treated with great disrespect.  Unfortunately, much of this abuse comes from church people.  Some of the nastiest people I've had to deal with have been ministers or people that have mentioned that they were affiliated with the church.
     This type of action brings to mind two verses of Scripture that all of us who follow Jesus need to be cognizant of.  First of all in Ephesians 4:32, Paul reminds us, "Be ye kind to one another."  Jesus tells us in John 13:34, "Love one another as I have loved you."
     As followers of Jesus, we need to be respectful of others and treat them the way that we would like to be treated.  Jesus told us about this when He gave us the Golden Rule.  As believers in Jesus, we have opportunities each day to speak words that lift people up and not words that tear people down.
     I know that life can be frustrating, but before we say something hurtful and offensive to someone else, let us think about how Jesus would act and what Jesus would say in that situation.  I believe that if we all would do that, we could help our world to be a better place to live in, and we would bring honor and glory to the Lord.

No comments: