Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Book Review -- "Guardians of the Night"

     A couple of weeks ago, I reviewed a book called "Burning Man" written by Alan Russell.  I mentioned then that there were more books in the Gideon and Sirius series that I would be reviewing.  Today, I am reviewing the second book in the series entitled "Guardians of the Night."
     As in the first book, Detective Gideon and his police dog partner Sirius have two investigations going on.  First of all, they have to find a man named "The Reluctant Hero" by the press because this man stopped a school shooting and then disappeared.  In the second mystery, a homeless man reports that he saw an angel being murdered.  Gideon thinks that man is crazy, but when the homeless man ends up murdered, Gideon becomes suspicious.  The investigation into the matter leaves Gideon and Sirius targets themselves.
     I thought that this was a good book.  I didn't like it as well as the first book, but it was good nonetheless.  There is a third book in the series scheduled to be released later in the year.  As I mentioned when reviewing the first book, this is not a book for younger readers.  It is an intense police procedural.
     I had planned on reviewing a western novel with a good dog character, but I am not quite finished with the book.  I will be reviewing that book next week.

No comments: