Monday, January 23, 2017

Verses For the Week -- Verses About Our Hope in Christ

     This weekend, I attended the funeral for one of the associate pastors at the church I attend.  I just want to share a few verses that tell of the hope that we have as Christians that this life is not all there is.  Those who are in Jesus Christ have hope for eternal life.

Philippians 1:21 -- " For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

I Thessalonians 4:13-14 -- "Brothers and Sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind who have no hope.  For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe the God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him."

John 14:2 -- "In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you, for I go to prepare a place for you."

John 11:25 -- "I am the resurrection and the life, he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live."

Hebrews 13:8 -- "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."

No comments: