Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Book Review -- "Dog Diaries: Rolf"

     For today's review, I would like to review a dog book written for younger readers.  As I've said previously, I like to read almost any book that has a dog in it.  The book I'm reviewing today is part of the "Dog Diaries" series written by Kate Klimo.  I've reviewed another book in this series here on the blog last year.  The book this week features a dachshund named Rolf.
     This little dog faced some really hard times, but over the course of the story, he overcomes the obstacles placed in his way and becomes a therapy dog.  In his roll as a therapy dog, Rolf helps patients in a hospital and those living in a nursing home.
     Rolf will eventually begin working as a reading assistance dog at a school.  When Rolf is asked to help a little girl who has difficulty reading it will change their lives and the lives of the other humans connected with this pair as well.
     I highly recommend this book.  It is a good story, and there is a lot of helpful information in the back of the book about therapy dogs and the dachshund breed.

No comments: