Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Book Review -- "Lessons From Tara"

     Before I begin my book review, I would like to ask everyone if they would pray that the storms won't be bad in my area today.  Thank you.  Also, please pray for the people in Texas who had the terrible storms the other night.

     The book that I am reviewing today is "Lessons From Tara" written by David Rosenfelt.  Mr. Rosenfelt is a well-known mystery writer.  In this book, the author leaves the mystery writing behind and focuses on his own life and how dogs have played an important part in helping him to have a better life.
     The dog that the author writes the most about is Tara his golden retriever.  She was a a once in a lifetime dog that set the author and his wife on the course to being involved in dog rescue.  Mr. Rosenfelt and his wife started the Tara Foundation, and they helped rescue about 4,000 dogs.
     Tara is not the only dog featured in the book.  As a dog rescuer, the author has over 20 dogs he is caring for at any one time.  The author writes about many of these dogs and their humorous antics.
     I believe that any dog lover would enjoy this book, and I highly recommend it.  The author writes well and there are many good stories in the book.

No comments: