Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Book Review -- "No Going Back"

     The book that I am reviewing today is entitled "No Going Back".  It is the first in a mystery series featuring ex-policeman Daniel Whelan and his former police dog Taz.
     In this first book, author Lyndon Stachey does a good job of introducing us to the main characters and setting the plot and action for the book.  I did think that this book took a little while to really get going, but it became a real page turner for me the more I read.
     Daniel is divorced and has a son who he doesn't get to see as much as he'd like to.  Daniel is working as a truck driver and living in a small apartment with Taz as they try to get their lives back together.
     "No Going Back" deals with Daniel's attempts to investigate a ring of criminals who are abducting girls and keeping them prisoner.  Daniel and Taz work to keep one girl safe while they try to free her sister from her captors.
     If you like a good mystery book with a good dog character, you will definitely enjoy this book.  Taz is not a dog to be messed with, and he is completely devoted and loyal to his partner.  If you find this book a little slow at first, keep reading.  It will definitely pay off.
     There are three other books in this series so far.  They are available at my library, so I will be reading them and reviewing them here on the blog as I am able.

P.S. ---  I would like to ask everyone who reads the blog to pray that the storms predicted for my area will not be too bad tonight.  We are getting way to much rain again.  Also, please pray that I will get enough writing work and that I will be able to find a part-time job as a supplement.  I do not want to ever have to go back to working at a job like I just had.
     On one other note.  I have started working more in ministry, so please pray that that will go well.
Also,  It is possible that the Weekend Sermon will appear on Saturday instead of Friday this week.  If you don't see it Friday, look for it on Saturday.  Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf.

No comments: