Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Cat Book of the Year

     Today is the yearly selection for cat book of the year. This was not a difficult choice. As most who read this blog regularly know, the Joe Grey book series by Shirley Rousseau Murphy is my favorite books series. I first started reading this series when my Mom was in the hospital and rehab when she had her bad stroke. I started with the first book in the series, and I kept reading until I'd read all that had been published up to that point.
     "Cat Shining Bright" is the twentieth book in the Joe Grey series. For those that don't know, Joe Grey is a special type of cat that has the ability to speak. There are a few other cats that Joe finds such as Dulcie and Kit who are speaking cats as well. Joe Grey loves to solve mysteries, and each book in the series has a mystery that Joe and his human and cat friends alike need to solve.
     What I like about this series is the character development. The characters have grown and changed throughout the series. New characters are added, and they just add to the excitement of the series.
     In "Cat Shining Bright" kittens are born to Joe Grey and Dulcie. Everyone waits in anticipation to see if these will be speaking cats as well. While all this is occurring, Joe is busy working to solve a mystery.
     If you haven't read any of the series, I highly recommend that you begin with the first book and read through. You will have a lot of fun.
     I am hoping that there will be many good cat books to read in the year to come. Hopefully, there will be another Joe Grey mystery soon.

No comments: