Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Dog Book of the Year

     It is that time of year when I announce my books of the year.  This week is the dog book of the year. Next week I will announce the cat book of the year, and the animal book of the year will be the week after that.
     The dog book of the year was a very difficult decision this year. I had two books that I was having difficulty choosing between. "Will's Red Coat" by Tom Ryan was a great book. I loved reading more about Atticus, and I loved the story of how Tom built a great relationship with Will and gave him a few more years of joy.
     "Will's Red Coat" is my runner-up this year. "Sirius: A Novel About the Little Dog That Almost Changed History" by Jonathan Crown is my dog book of the year winner. I really enjoyed this story. The novel is about a little wire-haired fox terrier whose name is originally Levi. He belongs to a a Jewish professor and his family living in Germany during the Nazi period. Levi is renamed Sirius, and he and his family escape Germany and come to the United States where Sirius becomes a star in the entertainment industry. I won't give away anymore of the plot. I hope that if you didn't read the book when I recommended it earlier this year, that you will read it and enjoy it now.
     I am already reading some good dog books to review for next year. Happy reading.

No comments: