Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Two DVD Recommendations

     I want to recommend two DVDs that I watched this week. The first was a travel program called "Visions of Greece". This was a fantastic program that contained aerial views of the Greek countryside and the Greek islands.
     The second DVD is entitled "Itzhak". This is a film that deals with the life of violinist Itzhak Perlman. The film takes us into Mr. Perlman's life in music and with his family. While we are seeing Itzhak Perlman in the present, we are also provided with details about the musician's life.
     I found this to be a very well done film. The music was great, of course. I think the portion that I liked the best was watching Mr. Perlman rehearse with other great musicians. As someone who plays the trumpet, I found it fascinating to see how truly professional musicians practice and prepare for performances. If you like classical music and you want to know more about the life of one of the world's great classical musicians, you should watch this film.


No comments: