Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Two Poetry Book Recommendations

     Today I want to recommend two poetry books that I've recently read. The first is called "The Rain In Portugal" written by Billy Collins. This is Mr. Collins' twelfth book of poetry. He is the former Poet Laureate of the United States.
     I've recommend other poetry books by Billy Collins here on the blog in the past. His poetry is very accessible and interesting. The poem that serves as the title of the collection is among the best of the 50 that you will find in the book.
     The second poetry collection I would like to recommend is "The Collected Poems of Wendell Berry 1957-1982". This collection contains some of Mr. Berry's most well-known poems including "The Peace of Wild Things". I enjoy Wendell Berry's poetry very much, and I believe that you will too. This is a good introduction to his poetry. Like Billy Collins, Wendell Berry has several poetry collections available that you can read and enjoy.

No comments: