Friday, March 13, 2020

Weekend Sermon -- The Reassuring Words Of Jesus

     Thank you for taking the time to read the Weekend Sermon. I am posting the sermon one day sooner than normal because I don't know from day to day if the library will be closed. I am hoping and praying that they will be able to stay open. I hope that everyone is well. 
     We started a new series about the life of Daniel last week, and I planned to continue with that. However, events what they are around the world, I have decided to post a short sermon about the words of peace given to us by Jesus. 
     Where I live in the United States, we only a have a couple of confirmed coronavirus cases right now. Some places in the world are really having a terrible time. It is a hard time for everyone right now. In my case, I don't have any way to work on my writing projects if the library closes. I am concerned about how I am going to make any money. Many others are facing difficulties as well. 
     In the midst of these trying times, we can take comfort from the words of Jesus found in John 14:27 that state, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid."
     These words give me a lot of comfort in my heart during difficult times. I know that Jesus loves me, and I know that He will take care of me. I can have His peace in my heart even when everything in the world seems like it is going wrong. 
      No one can be for sure what is going to happen in the days and months ahead. Those who have Jesus in their hearts know that He will never leave us, and He will never forsake us. I know that Jesus is alive, and I know that He has gone to prepare a place for me. Even if the worst on this earth happens, I know that I will be with the Lord Jesus. I will be able to see my Mom, Dad and my friend Toby again. 
     I hope that all of you who read the blog will be safe and well. I pray for everyone every day. In these difficult times, trust in the Lord. Let His peace fill your heart. He is the rock in a weary land. Amen.

Prayer Requests:

       I know that was a short sermon. but I said what I wanted to say.  The most urgent prayer request this week is in regard to the coronavirus. Please pray that this virus will stop spreading. Pray that those who are sick will recover. Also, pray for those whose lives are being harmed by the terrible economic problems associated with all of this. Thank you 
     Remember to pray for peace in the world. Let us focus on Syria this week. Pray for the Syrian refugees. 
     For our prayer focus countries, let us pray for the whole world. Pray that many all over this world will come to know the love of Jesus. 
     I do not know what the schedule will be for the blog going forward. I am going to try to get a pay as you go smartphone and see if I can do my writing on that. I may be able to post on the blog too. If the library is open, I will keep up the regular schedule. I pray that all of you will be safe and well. May God bless you all. Amen..
  

No comments: